Thursday, March 03, 2005

THERE YOU GO AGAIN

Here I go again. After a week of perfect 8-hour sleep I was back to my wake-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-feeling-like-you-can-never-sleep-again routine(o woe, miserable me). The shadows are back where they belong. The curvy darkness underneath the wide clear eyes that always looks so innocent. So here I am (o woe, miserable me), under the summer sun, in a cab sipping on the third cup of coffee with just enough money to reach the place, waiting for the traffic to clear when a hand pops in. The kid calls out for food or money, I’m not sure. Burned by the Bombay sun to a dark brown, the lines threatening to crack the snot smeared hand on the lightest prod. The palm abused by heat, mud and glue till it resembles the brown sands with its white rivers. Time is passing by and the hand is frantic for money. It pleads, hoping that my offerings would help him see the sun rise onto another day; threatening me with its unspoken words, ”Look! Look at this! And you think you are miserable? Have you seen something so small and fragile charred to such cruelty?” I closed my eyes wishing that the cab would move and the hand would go away realizing I wasn’t going to give it anything. But it stays, obstinate in its stance, demanding with its meek presence. The voice gets louder and the hand dares to move on to my shirt-my clean white shirt-tugging my wrist and pushing my bangles against my sweat soaked skin. The cab driver tries to shoo him away but the kid wont budge and so wouldn’t the traffic. I give up. I pay my charge and hand over the rest of the money to the kid. I am sure that will get the kid something to eat for today. Or maybe glue to sniff for a few days. I didn’t care. I was scared, penniless, still sleepy, and the headache was slowly creeping up my temples as I walked. I asked someone how far the place was. “Take a left and walk ahead, its somewhere around half a kilometer.” I walk. I wonder,” Do we live in the same world? The kid and me? Me and the kid?” The warmth of the coffee is suddenly unpleasant and it’s no longer aromatic. I throw away the last few sips unable to push it down my stinging throat, at least for now. Lord and Lady of infinite screw-ups(o woe, miserable me). I walk. Maybe there are two kinds of misery-brother, sister-external, internal... I walk.
“Babeh, babeh, babeh when all your love is gone; who will save me from all that I am up against out in this world…”

26 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyy devile
'lord and lady of infinite screw'

if dis were the middle ages
u wud be tied to a post
and burned as a witch

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only way
u can save yr self
is to sleep wid
a holy man


- anony mouse, the holy one

3:37 PM  
Blogger sandeip said...

damn!
u are write;send this piece to the times of india.it deserves to get more attention.

5:22 PM  
Blogger De.vile said...

saby dearest....
this aint the middle ages an i can understand wut u wanna say if u just say it once.
word smith
hey thanks ya. but i aint sendin it to the times. theyll jus think im crazy :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

It can always get better and it can always get worse. That is both the curse and the secret of life. But our part is to try, to dare and to care. And to seek pleasure. Have fun.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Keshi said...

there goes chikka again :) well written girl.

Keshi.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting Blog De.Vile. Keep it up. was lazing in office and said let us check some blogs online and just doing "Next Blog" on blogspot and reading on..Keep it up. Another interesting blog i saw was http://bridalbeer2bridalfear.blogspot.com/

Take care

5:15 PM  
Blogger firacub said...

Hmmm.... The only reason for ur mid-night 'I am awake again' syndrome cud be your erractic routine or too much thoughts lurkin in your head. I suffered from it sometime ago, but finally controlled it. I used to think a lot and sleep in the day and then stay awake the whole night starring at the ceiling fan.. :(

So i gave up on tea and coffee. Took up a job and a course. Started going out with friends. Interacting with people(which means taking out all the thoughts out of my head). I changed my whole lifestyle. Finally i put that all behind me and now I am normal... thank Almighty ;)

I just thought of lettin u know. Hope it helps n I hope I did not talk too much :) lol...

Cheers,
Firacub.

11:16 PM  
Blogger firacub said...

N ya. Dont bother abt the kids that beg on the roadside. Just ignore them no matter how much they plead for money. If u wanna do something gud for them, donate to an orphanage. But never give in to their cribbing or the so called act og begging. It makes them all more worse.


Cheers,
Firacub.

11:39 PM  
Blogger firacub said...

Hey isnt there a way by which Saby's ass can be nailed down on the road and then he be pummeled down with a road roller... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.........


Peace,
Firacub.

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

N ya. Dont bother abt the kid fira that begs on the roadside. Just ignore him no matter how much he pleads for money. If u wanna do something gud for him, donate to an orphanage. But never give in to his cribbing or the so called act og begging. It makes him all more worse.


Cheers,
Firacub.

7:11 PM  
Blogger firacub said...

Nice try Anony mouse/Saby/Julia Mumbai/John Doe etc etc..

It just proves how DUMB u r and ur diminished brain capacity...lol..

Firacub.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

de.vile your a darlin wid a gud heart.igno fira.he doesn't kno what he's talkin about.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kid :)pls delete the last anon comment,this one too and the firacub comment before that. i was just playing fira. for fun.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

all i can say is
normally Fira is not normal

he does talk sense sometimes
but dat is not normal

12:44 AM  
Blogger Citrus said...

fira- that silly comment. i left it. because well put yourself in a beggar child's place. you never know for sure what his situation is.why not give him the benefit of the doubt? i mean you don't have to personally. but why not let other people decide for themselves whether or not they want to give their money away to beggars.

saby didn'y leave that comment. oh but on the next anon comment i was trying to do a saby :D

2:30 PM  
Blogger Citrus said...

@fira- i just put your name in place of the beggar child.just imagine if somebody said something like that about you.doesn't it sound a bit harsh?

4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said citrus :-)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said citrus :-)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said citrus :-)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said citrus :-)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well said citrus :-)

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP E cup bras

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home