Friday, January 28, 2005

LOVE MARKED ME A "REJECT"

Love collided into me on the park bench and mumbled voiceless sentences. Love had taken the form of a friend on a cold winter afternoon…if we could be called that. I barely talked, we hardly met, and our affections ended with…well…that’s a totally different story. But she was the closest I ever had for a friend. I was a silent 10 year old, dull and lost and all. With huge eyes that stared without a tinge of curiosity. My eyes have grown smaller but on ‘low’ days, I can see the stare lurking in the corners threatening me with a visit. I look away. She was cheerful, had more friends then than I might ever have. But she was different around me. Our two contrary worlds came together to morph into an eccentric world. Our World.

6 years had gone by. All the insubstantial changed-she was happier, taller and thinner, I was 5 inches taller than then, had grown even more ‘into myself’ as she put it. What mattered still remained-the silence, the almost uninterested feel, the strange affection. My grandmother’s funeral was the only reason for us to meet again. She decided we should go to her favourite spot-a bench outside the park. Wooden formalities and ersatz smiles exchanged, we found ourselves with nothing left. So we sat, watching-like two insignificant gods. Just like the old days when time used to push us away into the confines of infinity, a desired infinity.

As we watched a kid fell from the swing. She cursed. ’Shit’. Amusement stabbed me when I least expected it. My lips curled into a grin and before I knew I was howling with mirthless laughter. I heard high-pitched giggles besides me. Giggles that bought memories I had forgotten existed-whining, ice candies, harmless lies, happy parents…I turned to look right into her face. I had never seen that look after the day I fell headlong onto the crowded school corridor as I was rushing towards her. We let the last glance linger for she knew as well as I did that we had no reason to meet again. The smiles were still on our faces and she was still recovering from her fit of giggles when she closed her eyes to blink back a tear. Silly me, I was embarrassed.
‘Shit’.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

SHEEET !


she IS les

7:10 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Hey jeremy

dat was a real classic piece of prose....
i really mean it

and my tongue is not in cheek


jeremy,

i no dat yr grandma's death has made u sadder than ur willing to admit
but dont cry honey


dat is life

and dat friend u met
must have triggered off memories

life sure is sad .... and sweet ...
wont like to have it any other way...

in moments of sadness..
we are enlightened

petty hates, jealousies, envy...
all these negative emotions


seem incosequential..
shit... wat i mean is dat these dont matter


life is too precious to be wasted
enjoy evry moment

moments of happiness,
moments of sadness too


we oldies used to have an oldies meet
evry year for xmas or new year
a nostalgia trip


2 years back a good, happy go lucky guy called menino died...
just b4 our annual meet
hence no meet dat year


next year, anil kothari died
a sweet guju guy wid a sweet wife usha
no meet dat year


dat was last year
dis 2004 Vandana died tragically of asthma
she was only 31, the daughter of Lallu
it seemed the tears wud never stop
lallu grieved
no way , we cud party dat year


dis year who nos ?
it cud be me


heyy dont want u guys to cry
when i go


i just want u guys to no dat
u guys in canada, australia, uk and my beloved india


and where the fuck dat DIFFY lives ?
i have no idea


hey dj
pump up the music


guys here are going senti-

7:29 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

just dropped by again...
to tell fira the cub ass


FIRAAAAAAAA ..
love ya too
ur a gud sport

u2 TONY, (the guy wid a king sized butt)
CITRUS,
tony is a nice guy
if u iggy his ass
and his bad lang

besides he is a goyenkar
unlike dat mangy janice and u

7:40 AM  
Blogger firacub said...

Hi Saby,
Thanx for that. Its ok no worries. Besides I was kinda gettin used to your leg pullin... hehehehe... Keep it up mate.

Regards,
Fioracub.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

diary-making
I've decided to use this as a real diary would be used. Self-referential whining, far too much angsty goth type info about me and my usual rantings. Just so my lj friends don't get swamped in my self-destructive tendencies.

So.

First up fuck I feel like cutting and fuck I'm an idiot. I went and looked at the ritual cutting section of BME and it just fucked me up worse. I shouldn't have but its just not going away. I always do this when Nova is out. No-ones home and I feel like shit. I'm not going to but I feel like a failure just wanting to.

Second in line is the poems I wrote. That got reviewed by some dick who didn't want to face what the poems were about.

this is the poem:
memory slips
hit me for six
trip me up and send me down

sitting sweet
soft and gentle
but
allofasudden
your sweet
sweet scent
is overwhelmed by the stench of lust
and I'm choking on pillow dust

a hand on my neck
holding me down

a traitor’s voice
telling me I'm going to love it

while my every fibre screams no

allofasudden
your warm
soft
breath
sounds harsh in my ear
hot on my face
and that voice is whispering my pain
and deadening my nerve

and I stop saying no
allofasudden
I'm broken
violated
alone in my head
allofasudden
I remember
and you are gone
replaced by a screaming memory slipping through my senses

this is part of the crit:
“stench” – I think I said this last time, stench has negative connotations that don’t work for me.

"and that voice is whispering my pain
and deadening my nerve" - not sure why you had it spaced out here, and found this quite lack lustre.

"and I stop saying no" - not enough lead-up, and seems to contradict the previous line, this person whispers your pain…. And that is a good thing?


I edited my original version because I though the meaning wasn't quite clear but it turns out the reviewer is an idiot. *sigh* Maybe it is shit, it wouldn't surprise me since I'm no poet, but I didn't think I'd buried the meaning that deep.

Is it just me or does it seem like the reviewer is a bloke. Two girls who commented got the meaning, one from the original one from the rewrites.

The whole thing has been fucking me up for days, as has another discussion elsewhere. I guess I'm just fucked up. And the spacing won't work properly. Fuck it.

- dat was www.sufficientsacrifice.blogspot.com ,
u must visit

if ur les
u willl want to marry her

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home