Tuesday, December 28, 2004

WHEN HAPPINESS FINDS ME...

I thought I’d give happiness a try and though the poem took me more than a week to complete it isn’t what exactly I had planned. Anyways my poems on happiness turn out to be a letdown J so ill let it go and stick to misery.


Happiness finds me on the sands of a wasted life,
Where the sun soaks into my numbed fingers and only mocking birds cry.
I sit on the shores with my back to an inferno, whose songs evoked only pain,
Praying I forget the bittersweet taste that His miseries filled in my empty soul.
The gentle sea breeze sings me Joy melting the frost that built up in the crevices of a disregarded heart,
And an ocean of pain flows to join the patient sea, who takes it away without so much as a word of complain.
As I walk on amongst the tides I feel desolation being sucked away,
And as misery weeps on desertion I smile on my triumph.

And as I tread alone, a pauper in a crowd
I see Him say goodbye as he moves on.
And brittle hope glows in all its gloryAs I realise I am finally free.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

Happiness dont come easy.... u gotta experience a lotta pain... b4 u get JOY... the first guy dat tried to steal yr heart ..probably just wanted to get into yr pants.... so he faked love.... contefeit love...dat wat it was.... dont give up on LOVE...just bcoz of one bad experience.... u gotta a lot of living to do.... b4 u die.....

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home