Monday, October 30, 2006

Dance

The window is wide open letting in a transmogrification of my bright orange and yellow landscape that still runs and reruns in my head. The music is loud, too loud like the bright white light that bathes my dark skin crumbling from lack of moisture and care. I can feel my wrists twisting and twirling (so are my hands, my legs and my hips each one in a circle of motion quite its own), hitting and banging unidentified objects. The bloody maroon furniture and the dark blue walls are transformed from the white hot light I emanate. (I know, I know, I know it’s me). I bounce off the not-so-bouncy bed and hurt my shoulders, my blades, my wings, my fingers, my spine, my neck, my talons, my halo, my horns, my, my, my….I cant stop. The water mixes with more water and all my pores contribute-no more tears, just love, pure, white, hot love that cures and blesses and burns holes into the evil that surrounded and compounded for so long.

There is music, words and so much poetry brimming in my mind; it’s all a haze of ugly conditioning.

I fall, get up and jump around again.

The walls and the floors underneath resonate, joining in the celebration (Hey bring in my drinks, champagne, vodka, rum, those colourful bottles of fermented, rotting veggies carefully stacked in the liquor cabin, whatdyagot!). We all thud against each other as Fergie’s voice muffled under mine, muffled by the voice of my skull banging against the wooden closet thuds against walls and unabashedly oozes into the homes of neighbours and parents. Of the children and the blind who are too young to understand and too old to change.

My ankles hurt so bad now. I scream and fall on to a misplaced pillow and sink into it. The music drips in the last few beats and stops. The ensuing silence is clear and empty. New and Anonymous.

The doors are wide open now and nothing is screaming and there isn’t any blood and there isn’t any pain. My anger is white, my limbo silver and my peace…colourless.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger DLAK said...

Sounds like fun, my anger is black and my peace faded.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why dont you search for the colour of your joy?

ecstacy is not something to be ashamed of...

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thought you might enjoy reading these lines by yeats:

AH, that Time could touch a form
That could show what Homer's age
Bred to be a hero's wage.
"Were not all her life but storm
Would not painters paint a form
Of such noble lines,' I said,
"Such a delicate high head,
All that sternness amid charm,
All that sweetness amid strength?'
Ah, but peace that comes at length,
Came when Time had touched her form."

coupled with these:
"Who is the third who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
- But who is that on the other side of you? "

that is T S eliot,from The Wasteland.

8:33 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

your ending sentence. wow. it packs a clear punch. maybe we can hang out someday, look out windows and overwhelm each other with words.

7:05 AM  
Blogger DLAK said...

Devile and illyria: I would like to be invited for that, I can say words if I really try.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Paromita said...

white anger..hmm...I'd want to make a movie on that.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

All the colors of thoughts!
Rock on!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Keshi said...

hello chikka howzya?

Keshi.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The line that held my attention was "my wings" ref: "I bounce off the not-so-bouncy bed..".It's a beautiful description and if I maybe allowed to be cheesy i must add that I always believed in angels(with wings).

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

De Vile
hows u ?

u dont visit me much these days
in fact u dont visit at all

8:16 AM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

I had to reread. I needed to share the release! Amazing.
Rock on!

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home