Thursday, August 03, 2006

PENDULUM

You have to pause sometimes. Because laughter’s like stories on alcohol-light and breezy. Never mind if it’s all lies, you still like doing it. Flashing your teeth unexpectedly at people who try to like you and sometimes do.

It crashes. It went way too far.

Deep beneath is a pool,

Blue-green under the carpets of resonating sunshine.

Me, I lie down and watch the crawling lights swing me into trauma.

Drawing close is a shapeless foe,

Everybody is.

I look around at the crowding darkness. Just once?

She kneels to offer a piece of clothing.

I shudder my shoulders as I retch into it; laughing to tears, retching into nausea.

There’s an end and a start. An end again.

Then it all falls.

I hate, hate, HATE Impermanence.

It doesn’t count as poetry but I’m not sure I can write any anymore.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about poetry. Sometimes it just escapes you. I find that I never break out of such a funk on purpose.

10:28 PM  
Blogger DLAK said...

Poetry sucks anyway. lol (just kidding) I lie down and watch the carpet soak up my vomit. Have a nice day.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Ashes said...

and whoever told you think it's not poetry.It's beautiful,but could've been more.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.

More quotes from Henry Ward Beecher
QuoteWorld 1 online

4:45 AM  
Blogger tao1776 said...

"I hate, hate, HATE Impermanence."

Don't worry. Your hate too is impermanent

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home