Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Lies of a Day

If I could take every word you ever said and put them in a vial I would swallow it and let it slip and drift through my entrails and fall deep down into little closets of my mind that I still hold chaste. The only repose after days of being and days of drifting are these words that you pair and form poetry and art and magic with. I can’t help falling in love with glimpses of you in a Doors song or in lines of self-destruction scribbled along books. Words aren’t important otherwise, they pass lips-big, black, bruised, pink and full, all of them-and hide little crevices that open in solace. But with you, there are a life-line, from me to you and then back again. Passed to and fro like breath and food for the dying.

Hope,

Joy,

Affection,

Affectation.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger De.vile said...

Let me know if you can read it :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger wwww said...

Perhaps if you could make a "Remark" at the end of your poem, it would make it easier for me to understand.

Or not, I am afraid I will have to ask you to explain it for me.

Why is it so hard for me to understand poem? Why is it so “metaphor” to me, why can’t it be straight to the point?

8:57 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

yes can read it... the begining bit reminds me of a Haiku I read in the book SHOGUN by James Clavell...
"if I could use words like
falling autumn leaves..

what a bonfire my poems would make...


yes sometimes words have to suffice for all the pent up emotions buried inside.
cheers
z

12:42 AM  
Blogger DLAK said...

I was starting to worry about you...Chaste Closets would be a good name for a band. I cant stop thinking about your entrails. lol

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're a sweetheart and thanks lovey

2:01 AM  
Blogger De.vile said...

Yip that is an emotional emptying of sorts and your welcome and please get a toaster!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

you sound so hurt..Either way I really enjoyed reading your blog. In fact I recently found a website that gives free traffic. If i were you I would go to http://www.autosurfmonster.com and submit this blog so thousands of others can see it for free. well, nto to sound like an ad, i look forward to all theupdates and i am adding you to my favorites. thanks again,.

Jessica

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home