Monday, March 10, 2008

Being Scared.

- Everybody says it’s best to be a child. But that’s stupid. Kids are scared all the time. You know how scared they are?

- Very scared?


-So what is your view on marriage?
-Umm. I don’t know. I never thought of it.
-Hmm. You haven’t thought of it.
-I mean, I never had to. You know, nobody talks about it at home. We hardly talk.
(Looks down into plate and nods.) –Get me some fruit.
So you never discussed this.
-Maybe I did. Not really, very keenly. Maybe I did.


-What is wrong with you?

(Giggles)

-Oh god, she’s drunk again.

-I am not!

-I told you not to let her drink so much.

-But I’m not drunk.

-Look at you, what is she going to tell her parents.

I told you not to let her drink.

-(Everybody giggles)
am fine.

-Take her away. (Expletives).

-No, I’m not drunk. I can walk, see, I can. Don’t worry.

-Shut up. Shut up! Go, puke. Puke. Bend your head, there’s the basin. Puke.


-About your assignment. The music was (lost his words). But I think you should have done better. Your pictures could have been better.

(Perplexed)


- Yes, well, you are smarter than this.

-But.

-No, it was mediocre.

- (Looks down) Mediocre.

- Yes, well, you are smarter than this.

-But.

-No, it was mediocre.

- (Looks down) Mediocre.

I am 20 and and a half and there's still so much to be wary of.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

honey, it gets better.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Eeleen Lee said...

Your blog is honest and refreshing, and relatable.

11:07 PM  
Blogger liam said...

there's plenty to be wary of, but you're plenty smart enough to decipher the pieces. deciphering yourself is often the most difficult, though.

(that'll be 5 cents, please.)

10:28 AM  
Blogger DLAK said...

I have been trying to post a comment for 3 days but my computer has been acting up so I will try it again....
If the assholes dont like your art it only means that you are on the right track. I loved this post sweety, its great to have you back.

8:15 AM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

One can either live ones life in fear and do nothing.

Or one can live.

It... is very difficult to be a free person... I can only say that as your friend, i support your choices.

S.x

4:09 AM  
Blogger De.vile said...

you sound as cheerful as the death-knell. Things being bad to you, Saturnyne?

10:47 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

i miss you.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

i miss you, Ashes

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home