Friday, November 02, 2007

I’M A RIVER (You are my bridge)


Sitting in between the door,

A mile wide leg, a pink dress and fingers

Waiting till they all come and sit

A party of madmen

And pin me down

With the weight of them -

Teeth, claws and photographs.

I’m a roller-coaster

Rolling all around them

Crashing and tearing them all apart

Leaving bits around

For the accountant and the orphan.

Don’t walk away from me

Because I stink

of memories

I’m the river that floats on sheets

Leaving streaks

Of fertility and sorrow.

I am the river

That rumbles into sheets

Leaving traces of a struggle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rex Venom said...

Wow.
I am not sure exactly which of the thoughts and emotions this one stirs up is going to win out in the end.
Keep them coming!
Rock on!

8:17 AM  
Blogger DLAK said...

Id rather be a river then a bridge and Id rather be an orphan then an accountant but most of all Id like to be at a party of madmen.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home