Thursday, October 04, 2007

The ocean reads like a face today, the bright red crabs tap dance on the deco and I singe one with ash. I expect him to blow up, meat all over the place strings on my face and some on her curly hair (I love curly hair, did I tell?), some over her T’s vast hips that sway like tumbling waves.

‘What are you looking at, honey bunny?’ she squeaks, mass appeal a daily event for her.

‘SSSSSS’ I go. They look at each other. Turn left, eyes facing each other, right to left and left to right. They look back, left to temple and right to chest.

A mosaic of feelings, one under the other, under the other, under a Marlboro, a contemptuous nod and a face full of teeth.

‘T, do you like crabs?’ I ask

‘I love crabs, yeah.’

‘Well, then let’s cook you one,’ I say and let the remains of my second cigarette fall on a solo crab, back to me, as it tango-es to the sea.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

I love crab :)

Keshi.

6:26 AM  
Blogger liam said...

apropos, i was just having an alaskan king crab discussion the other night.

and i love your labels.

5:57 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

you make me miss the sea. i think all old souls were born from the sea.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

The strange aliens amongst us. Yummy. Like the strange thoughts inside of us. Just mind how that ocean reads. Love that line.
(and; Hi illyria! miss reading you)
Rock on!

6:36 AM  
Blogger The Wandering Hermit said...

oh I have never burned a crab with a cigarette though I did burn a leach off my leg with one.
nice

12:48 AM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

saw on DLAK's blog that it was your birthday. happy returns of the day, sweet. :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ashes said...

and the animals i've trapped have all become my pets

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home