Sunday, March 19, 2006

METAMORPHOSIS (BOOK II)

The drying after days of turmoil is a finger pointing at the veal coloured lips-no azure of blue and no willingness to be a proper purple.
Line after line, erased and deleted till all that remains of a dark cloudy sky is a naked, sunless afternoon-an aftermath of a hoarse rain. The very inappropriate yellow skirt sits in ennui on thighs and ‘secret triangles’. The fancy underwear is chopped to a tiny piece of elastic that is now naked except for the innocence only the ugly can conjure.

A lovely crescent is being spanked till it falls asleep, bottom skywards.

On the pages of another evening is a curly haired little girl crying at the demise of her light-blue crayon. A word spreads throughout the painting. Stick men and women with tiny plant-like children; large bulbous flowers; the mountains and the brown stream with incandescent green are all awaiting the sky, angry with the little girl who is scratching her pee-pee due to frustration and unhygienic habits. Soon the stick lawyers will be on their way, with suitcases and mandamus’. The poor black and green birds are all suspended in confusion, rather dead, suspiciously blissful. I ask her if they are angels.
No, angels are white.

Lawyers are black.

You and me, we are brown.

You decide, I tell her. The angry roars hurt her 7-year old self. She draws them miniature Prada clothes, high-heeled shoes for the ladies, patent boots for men and Nike sneakers for the children. In deep curiosity she looks, queen squatting on the outsides of her kingdom. The lawyers are still accusing. She wails now- tired and retiring abiding defeat-into her mothers lap and then in exile on the polka dotted bed, embracing her mother’s ample waist.

The queen gone, they subside. I draw them a fire. I draw them guns and I draw them a sky in the grey of blind pupils.

The child is gone.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Keshi said...

Chikka I guess Im too dumb to u'stand ur work :(

Keshi.

11:35 AM  
Blogger rebel_on_loose said...

It takes a lot of concentration to make out wht ur trying to say....still ur among the best writers around.Maybe better than the professionals...who knows.
U shud consider writing for some magazine/newspaper.
Seriously.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Rex Venom said...

Shit! I loved this post. Wow!
So many little lines I want to explore. Too many.
You’ve messed with my brain.
Rock on!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That was fantastic. Makes me wonder if there's something more to every crayon drawing I've ever seen.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dil.Ville.....


How have you been.. I tried leaving comments on your posts but then somehow it did not pop up.. But anyway if this makes it across then ur painting with the angels was cool and this post served as a cool breeze in my burning world.. God bles ya..


Peace,
Firacub.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my pathetic blog. And you are a great writer, very surreal and poignant. This is cool.

7:24 PM  
Blogger wwww said...

Agree with Keshi. I guess I am dumb too to understand it!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Incompetant Critic said...

Jus dropped in to say Hi !!!

2:22 AM  
Blogger Incompetant Critic said...

U no waht? this iz what it sounds like when Doves Cry !!!

I no u can picture that!!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Ashes said...

jeez! i'll start getting envious of you now.beautiful prose and your inclination towards "dirty" in your writings only underscores the "clean" you.
no need to say those three words,eh?

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know what day makes me think of KESHI? Its on April Fools day!!!!!!!!

3:24 AM  
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Yay! i've linked you at last!

Still not seen ya on ***** yet, though... *grins*

S.x

The post? As always you have poetry and dreams running through your soul...*sighs*

6:55 AM  
Blogger De.vile said...

Oi darhlings I totally understand that you dont understand, underhand activity o mine-i like to make myself intersting in funny ways.

Whats that Ash, I Envy you? You ought to say that,then.

Kisses to everybody for making me feel like a million bucks (which I ensure thee, no publisher thinks)

Crayons are fun and boredom has fascinating edges.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Ashes said...

oh well,i thought you'd let go but then i should never have underestimated you.The three words are "I love you",btw.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess Im too dumb too

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home