Monday, November 22, 2004

I STEPPED INTO YOUR WORLD LAST NIGHT

I stepped into your world last night,
With pallid peasants and defrocked knights.
And on a throne of humiliation and despair,
My love, my emperor, I saw you seated with a satisfied air.

With grey eyes that seem to consume me,
With words that prod at your bitterness on not being admired for all that you have done and seen,
My love you made me proud,
With your stained costume and your disgraced crown.

Wanting to be by your side,
I had spurned my attire of fake joy and delight,
And donned the charred, blemished robes that you offered,
And hid in your wounded arms for the comfort that they proffered.

I sat amidst your orchids destroyed,
Silent so that I could hear the currents pray.
From the atop the tower of my failures, I gazed at your kingdom, the beautiful void,
Abandoned by sunshine and moonlight, boarded by the dejected and the deprived.

As darkness succeeded twilight,
We sank together on to the cushions of pain and pillows of fright,
Covered ourselves with sheets of melancholy,
Huddled in each others arms,
Wished each other good night.
And I was stepped back into verity, bidding you, my true love, goodbye.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you my pray..........i was praying for you only.

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site car mirror navigation system Cashmere sweater buy online

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home